Northern Ireland is a beautiful place - rich with legend and stunning natural beauty. The Causeway Coastal route runs along the northern edge of the island hugging the shoreline. It’s a very impressive drive. We found it as amazing as the Great Ocean Drive in...
Northern Ireland is a place of incredible natural beauty and great legend – the Giant’s Causeway is one of the most amazing natural wonders, steeped in myths and located amidst stunning landscapes. Another fun fact – Northern Ireland is the country that built the Titanic!
Here’s a quick reckoner about North Ireland:
- Location: Northern Ireland is part of the UK and is located in the north-east of the island of Ireland
- Languages: English (several regional languages are also spoken)
- Currency: Pound sterling
- Visa: UK
- Public transportation: Limited public transportation primarily in the Belfast area. You will need a car to drive along the stunning coastline.
- Driving side: Left
- Electrical plug category: Power plugs and sockets are of type G. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz
- Major cities: Belfast (capital city), Derry
Here are some travel guides to get you started on planning your Northern Ireland vacation!