Northern Ireland is a beautiful place - rich with legend and stunning natural beauty. The Causeway Coastal route runs along the northern edge of the island hugging the shoreline. It’s a very impressive drive. We found it as amazing as the Great Ocean Drive in...
Northern Ireland is a place of incredible natural beauty and great legend – the Giant’s Causeway is one of the most amazing natural wonders, steeped in myths and located amidst stunning landscapes. Another fun fact – Northern Ireland is the country that built the Titanic!
Here’s a quick reckoner about North Ireland:
- Location: Northern Ireland is part of the UK and is located in the north-east of the island of Ireland
- Languages: English (several regional languages are also spoken)
- Currency: Pound sterling
- Visa: UK
- Public transportation: Limited public transportation primarily in the Belfast area. You will need a car to drive along the stunning coastline.
- Driving side: Left
- Electrical plug category: Power plugs and sockets are of type G. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz
- Major cities: Belfast (capital city), Derry
Here are some travel guides to get you started on planning your Northern Ireland vacation!
DON'T MISS MY MONTHLY TRAVEL CARDS
Sign up for travel stories, updates on exciting new destinations and tools to make your travel planning easier!
Thank you! Please check your email inbox. (If you can't find the email, please check your promotions folder)