Lyon is a two-thousand-year-old city steeped in history and culture. Situated at the junction of the Rhône and Saône rivers, it also offers impressive landscapes. There’s an endless list of things you can do in this city and one day in Lyon will help you easily get...
France is one of my favourite travel destinations. Having spent 4 months in Paris I’m not surprised when it figures in most folks’ bucket lists. There are very varied experiences you can have in France – from visiting the beautiful cities such as Paris or Lyon to touring the stunning French Riviera.
Here’s a quick reckoner about France:
- Location: Western Europe. France is bordered by Switzerland and Italy to the East, Spain and Andorra to the West, Belgium, Germany and Luxembourg to the North-East
- Languages: French
- Currency: Euro
- Visa: Schengen
- Public transportation: Excellent public transportation comprising trains, trams, buses, cable cars. As a tourist, you can easily employ public transportation instead of renting a car
- Driving side: Right
- Electrical plug category: Power plugs and sockets are of type C and E. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz
- Major cities: Paris (capital), Lyon, Marseille
- Famous food: French cuisine is acclaimed as one of the finest in the world. France is the birthplace of the Michelin Guide.
- Famous souvenirs: Wine, Champagne, Macarons, Cheese, Lavender
- Useful phrases to know:
- Hello – Bonjour
- Thank you – Merci!, Merci beaucoup!
- Yes – Oui
- No – Non
- Please – S’il vous plaît
- Do you speak English? – Parlez vous anglais?
Here are some travel guides to get you started on planning your vacation in France!
Visiting Nice, France - A 24-hour itinerary We can’t always have the luxury of time when travelling. Sometimes having just 1 day in a city is better than skipping it completely. Nice is one of those places where you can easily hit the highlights in one day. Read on to...